Monday, August 31, 2009

MojoMary Autumn Splendor



Okay, let me say this first thing: I LOVE THIS CARD!! It is AWEsome {sang in my 5 year old's voice}.
I could not wait to experiment with this set. And I did. And like all good experiments, there was some failure. (You could check my trash if you want.) But, my persistence paid off with this little beauty!
1) Rolled the SU Bright Blesssings wheel in Versamark, then onto very vanilla cs. Covered with clear embossing powder and set with heat gun. (Did this for 2 lines)
2) Sponged a variety of SU inks starting with lightest color. Trimmed, cut into squares.
3) For large leaf, I stamped in rich razzleberry ink on very vanilla cs. Sponged inks, ending with luscious rich razzleberry around the edges. Smooshed it onto the top of the Versamark Dazzle pad, Champagne. See all the beautiful shimmer?
I'm still not totally in love with this year's SU in colors, but I do think that all but Bermuda Bay and Melon Mambo are rich and gorgeous Autumn colors.
This is dedicated to my cyber-friend Mary Fish who (innocently? unknowingly? cunningly?) threw down a challenge to me! It's on now girl!
Seriously, though, Mary is one of the sweetest, dedicated people I know. She is a shooting star and you cannot help but be inspired by her!
Details are below, but for now, have a good day!
Blessings,
Colleen
Details:
Stamps: SU Autumn Splendor, Bright Blessings wheel
Paper: SU very vanilla, rich razzleberry, dusty durango, vellum
Ink: SU rich razzleberry, summer sun, crushed curry, dusty durango, pumpkin pie
Versamark and Versamark Dazzle.
Other: SU rich razzleberry and dusty durango ribbon, button, floss

2 comments:

  1. From one cyber pal to another, you had your autumn groove on for this card! Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Colleen, we're "blurfing" at the same time! LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!! Soooo pretty. And thanks for the wonderful demonstration of the VM Dazzle Champagne ink.... you have no idea how many times I've stared at it at the store, ultimately deciding not to spring the $10 for it. But now I will! (Shhh, don't tell my DH you showed me :))

    ReplyDelete