Thursday, August 20, 2009

BUTTERFLY ACETATE


Good day to you! Here's a card I made for my swapping ladies group. They wanted to try some acetate. (That doesn't sound very good, does it!). When I was working on my entries for the CHF Summer Design Star challenge (see previous posts), I was playing with acetate, or clear card sheets. Sort of a transparency sheet, but thicker and sturdier. Several companies sell it including SU and CHF. Anyway, I pulled out my nestabilities butterfly dies and cut some butterflies out of the clear acetate. I then took white staz-on and stamped onto the acetate, in this case using the Bella Toille background stamp from SU. I then cut another butterfly (same size) out of Baha Breeze cs. Then I adhered the two together with SU 2 way glue pen just down the middle of the buttefly to hold them together. (Hey, some little seed pearls would look very pretty for the butterfly's body!)
The rest of the card is pretty straightforward.
Stamps: SU Bella Toille bg, SU Upsy Daisy (sentiment)
Paper: All SU cs and dp (retired)
Ink: White StazOn
Tools: Nestabilities butterflies, Martha Stewart small butterfly punch.
The first day of Kindergarten was yesterday...and I didn't even cry! Neither did my dear daughter. She's a natural hugger and very affectionate, but I always know when she is nervous because she gets very still and keeps hugging and kissing on me. So yesterday after I walked her into her room and she found her chair with her name, she happened to be the only student at her table at that point. So I knelt beside her and told her I was going to leave and she went to hug/kiss me and she just kept on all the while telling me she loved me. Yep...she was nervous. And I was melting, I tell ya! I was reassuring her and stayed by her till another student (a little boy who she knew from preschool, and whose older brother/sisters/parents have been friends of ours for years, came and happened to have his seat right next to her). That's all she needed. She was like, "See you later Mama!"
Another blessedly good day!
Blessings,
Colleen

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!! Gorgeous card - love the stamped acetate layer and wonderful colors!

    I'm glad the first day of school wasn't tooooo traumatic. It's always worse for the moms, I tell ya!

    ReplyDelete