Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Happy Birthday Mermaid Mojo Monday week98

We had another birthday at our house recently...a 5 year old! So hard to believe our Bebe is a Kindergartner! She's young, but she's begging to go and has passed all the markers to show she is ready for Kindergarten. I can't start thinking about it too much because I get too weepy. A big change of life for her (and for me as she is our youngest child).


She is so into mermaids! When I saw this set from CC Designs (All That Scraps), I knew I had to order it for her birthday. She was so excited when we received it she had me open it up and stamp some images for her to color right away.


I had this card laid out on my stamp table (it's based on week 98 Mojo Monday sketch) when she spied it and her voice got all soft and dreamy when she said, "She's soooo bee-u-ti-ful!!"

I told her it was for her, but that I wanted to take a picture of it first (ok-- don't say anything, you know you us crafters think along these lines :)- So later I set up the card for photography and get distracted for a few minutes (spotting my weightlifting 15 year old because hubby was mowing...Mom's do what need to be done, you know?), and when I came back she was no where around, but had carefully placed her 2 versions of this little mermaid next to mine so I could photograph them. How adorable is that??!
Those pictures didn't turn out as well, so I took another one of just some of her art and she is patiently waiting for them to appear on this blog. So here's her version:






Stamps: CCDesigns -Sugar Plums -Underwater Adventure
Paper: Ptrey White CS, SU Bermuda Bay, Basic Grey Urban Prairie
Ink: Momento tuxedo black
Ribbon: SU!
Coloring: Copics
Tools: SU word window punch, nestabilities circle
pop-dots, stickles
sketch: Mojo Monday Week 98

1 comment: