Thursday, July 23, 2009

Oh Bebe!

This is my entry for week3 of the summer design star at Cornish Heritage Farms. The challenge this week was to use resist. This is like my 3rd attempt! My first attempt didn't make it pass the trash can -ha! I had my 2nd attempt all laid out in my mind when I went to bed. The next morning, wouldn't you know, a design team member had submitted an eerily similar card! Freaky! Of course I didn't want to be know as the entry that copied someone else :) so I went back to the drawing board and ended up with this little sailboat baby card:
Cute huh? I embossed the large polka dot background on white cs using clear embossing powder. Then I brayered not quite navy over the top. I cut the semi-circle using my CM circle cutter and hand cut the triangles. I dry embossed the kraft cs using the polka dot and swirly cuttlebug folders. I popped the sailboat up on pop dots on top of a chipboard rectangle. I finished the card using a stamp from the Kim Hughes baby set, a bit of ribbon and floss.
My 4 year daughter's nickname is Bebe, especially by my hubby. You can sure tell she is the youngest of 4. And a total Daddy's girl.
So not my greatest work ever, but I thought it was a refreshing entry as most of the cards used flowery type-softer images.
So onto week 4 challenge--creating a scene!
Blessings,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment