Thursday, July 23, 2009

It's a Party!


I guess I never posted my Cornish Heritage Farms entry for week 1 of their Summer Design Star Challenge. (It's 5 weeks of themed challenges. You can catch all the details here: http://becreative.cornishheritagefarms.com/?p=808)


Anyway...this card was a labor of LOVE I tell ya! Don't ask me how long it took. Lots of stamping, coloring, paper piecing, stickles, pop dots and bling. Each little party hat was cut out and popped up on each little animal. It was all worth it as I made it for my dearest mother-in-law. When I visited her a couple of weeks ago, I noticed she had gotten large (2'x4') shadow box frames and had framed all the cards I had sent her! She has them proudly hanging in the entry way of her home for all to see! Is she not the biggest sweetheart ever?!! She truly is a second mother to me (and that's saying a lot, as my Mom is so GREAT) . Sometime I'll tell you more about my 2 great Moms!

But...I digress.

So here's the PARTAAY card! I was so happy with this card (and so was Mom K!).
Honestly? I thought this card was a winner. Really! I was kind of bummed it wasn't selected as week 1 winner.
We grow stronger by our attempts at new things, right?
{Me flexing muscles here}
Blessings to you!
Colleen


No comments:

Post a Comment